In the event that you have questions about purchasing a home I have compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions from home-buyers. This Home Buyer’s FAQ is constantly being added to so if you don’t see your particular question listed and need some immediate answers, please don’t hesitate to contact me
- Do I have a steady source of income? Have I been employed on a regular basis for the last 2-3 years? Is my current income reliable?
- Do I have a good record of paying my bills?
- Do I have money saved for a down payment?
- Do I have few outstanding debts, like car payments?
- Do I have the ability to pay a mortgage every month, plus additional costs?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you are probably ready to buy your own home.
- Is there enough room for both the present and the future?
- Are there enough bedrooms and bathrooms?
- Is the home structurally sound?
- Do the mechanical systems and appliances work?
- Is the yard big enough?
- Do you like the floor plan?
- Will your furniture fit in the space? Is there enough storage space?
- Imagine the home in good weather and bad – will you be happy with it year round?
Take your time and think carefully about each house you see. Ask your real estate agent to point out the pros and cons of each home from a professional standpoint.
- Names of all parties
- Address and Legal Description
- Amount of earnest (deposit) money
- Price you are offering
- Proposed move-in date
- Proposed closing date
- Length of time the offer is valid
- Included and Excluded Items
- Subjects and Terms of the contract (offer)
Remember that a sale commitment depends on negotiating a satisfactory contract with the seller, not just making an offer. Be prepared in the case of a counter-offer.